[Web-SIG] python bug issue2464

O.R.Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 17:30:28 CEST 2008

* scriptor Jean-Paul Calderone, explico
>  Some things:
>
>   http://foo.com
>
>  This is not a valid URL.  The correct URL for the intended location here
>  is:
>
>   http://foo.com/
>
>  This is the root of the problem, I suspect.  Firefox notices this problem

I doubt, if this is the problem, Jean.
I tried,
>>> obj = urllib2.urlopen("http://www.wikispaces.com/")

Ended up at the same problem as described in my original post.

>  The tokens are different because these are values from actual requests.
>  Notice the important difference, though - Firefox's request begins with
>  a /.
Were those from the same site? I got different set of tokens as well.

>  Likely, urllib2 should do a bit more validation of its input and make
>  sure it is only making requests which follow the protocol.

I doubt if that was as simple. I am trying to figure out where the redirection
is getting lost of how firefox is figuring it out.
It *might* be a bad implementation that we are dealing, but still would like to
know where the problem escaping.

--
O.R.Senthil Kumaran
http://uthcode.sarovar.org