[Web-SIG] WSGI 2.0

Robin Bryce robinbryce at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 14:34:10 CEST 2007

Ignore last, over sensitive laptop touch pad :)

On 06/10/2007, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
> Phillip J. Eby ha scritto:
> > At 10:13 PM 10/5/2007 +0100, Robin Bryce wrote:
> >> That's to much chicken/egg for my tastes. All you are really saying is
> >> that the CGI model covers the majority of 'common' use cases. I don't
> >> know of anyone who would disagree with this. But as things stand all
> >> wsgi-ish implementations which aim to support async/sync are consigned
> >> to the dust bin of 'non conformant'. This acts as a strong
> >> disincentive to experiment and innovate.
> >>
> >> If, for clear technical reasons, nothing can be done so support mixing
> >> async aware and synchronous applications in WSGI 2.0, then so it goes.
> >>

> I don't see the reason to mix async and sync applications, in the same
> way that it is not possible to mix a thread unsafe application with a
> threaded server.

There are plenty of stateless synchronous wsgi components out there
that I would like the option of serving as is. As the person choosing
the components in my wsgi stack I'm perfectly capable of deciding
whether such a synchronous app is safe in the context of an asynch
server.