[Web-SIG] WSGI 2.0

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Thu Oct 4 15:47:06 CEST 2007

Ian Bicking ha scritto:
> PJE wants to talk about WSGI 2.  That's cool; I remind everyone that
> there's a page to bring up issues you might want to discuss for 2.0:
> http://wsgi.org/wsgi/WSGI_2.0
>
> Feel free to add to, or discuss, issues on that page...

I'll write my ideas here:
1) start_response should no more return a write callable.
    I don't know how many application use it, but I think that
    I can't implement it in a conforming way for nginx mod_wsgi,
    so I will not implement it.

2) start_response should no more accept a exc_info parameter.
    I don't know how many applications use it, but I think that
    WSGI applications should not change their mind.
    They should delay calling start_response until they are able
    to produce a "final" response.

3) start_response should accept, as an optional parameter, a
    flush argument.
    flush default to False, and when it is True, the WSGI gateway
    must write the headers as soon as start_response is called.

4) the environ dictionary should have a new WSGI-defined variable:
    wsgi.asynchronous.
    This value should evaluate to true when the server is asynchonous,
    that is, the WSGI application is executed in the main process loop
    of the server and the WSGI application can be paused after it yields
    some data.

5) clarify some points in the WSGI 1.0 spec, as discussed in the latest
    emails

>    Ian

Regards  Manlio Perillo