[Web-SIG] Multiple message-header fields handling

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Oct 2 23:01:33 CEST 2007

Phillip J. Eby ha scritto:
> At 10:03 PM 10/2/2007 +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> Manlio Perillo ha scritto:
>> > [...]
>> > As an example Nginx stores all the headers in a associative array,
>> > where, of course, only the "last seen" headers appears.
>> >

>> A correction: Nginx stores "raw" headers in a list of key/value pairs,
>> and not in an associative array.
>>
>> This means that when I iterate over the headers, I see all the multiple
>> message-headers, but I only store the last header in the WSGI
>> environment.
>
> That's definitely an error.

Right, its an error.

A simple solution is to first check if an header is already in the
environ. If this is the case, then I can combine the new value with the
old one.

The problem, is that I have first to check if the header can be combined
(and the Cookie must be combined using ';' instead of ',').

Luckily some of these headers can be handled internally by Nginx.
How many browsers split an header on multiple lines?

Regards  Manlio Perillo