[Web-SIG] Internal redirect using Location with absolute path and status of 200.

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu May 24 08:19:21 CEST 2007

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Does anyone know of any WSGI adapter which currently implements this,
> besides CGI/WSGI adapters which by virtue of CGI specification should
> implement it?

Not that I know of.

> Has anyone used this convention internal to a WSGI stack as a means of
> performing local redirection, thereby avoiding forcing the client to
> do the redirect?

Nope.  I use a hook to the most parent application, and then call in to
that manually.

> Does anyone think this would be nice extension for a WSGI adapter
> written against current specification to implement even if not
> necessarily portable?

Eh.  In the context of mod_wsgi, I think it would be more interesting to
provide a WSGI application that called back into Apache (basically
wrapping Apache's normal subrequest machinery in a WSGI exterior).