[Web-SIG] more comments on Paste Deploy

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:30:33 CET 2007

On 3/8/07, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm glad ZConfig exists.

Me too, though it does many things differently than if I'd had free reign.

> How does it handle nesting?

It doesn't, but an application can use explicit references to other
sections.  It doesn't take care of things magically without some
additional help, for which we've avoided premature abstraction.

The .ini format is working quite well for zc.buildout, I think.  The
support for layering multiple files is quite nice, and is completely
explicit.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca