[Web-SIG] daemon tools

Joseph Tate jtate at rpath.com
Mon Mar 5 18:25:10 CET 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007 11:08:24 Jim Fulton wrote:

> Anyway, I share this for your consideration.  There are probably
> better tools out there than zdaemon and supervisor2, but I'm not
> aware of them. :)  I'm curious what other people have found or use.

ll.daemon (http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/daemon/index.html) seems to be a
straightforward and very simple library for core daemon functionality.

Daemontools isn't very well respected by the SysV style initscript crowd, and
vice versa.  That's an external non python dependency, and not commonly
available.  Certainly not available on Windows.

I have written my own daemon base class (Pretty restrictive license
[reciprocal], but I'm sure I could get it loosened).
http://hg.rpath.com/raa-1.1?f=9ac380d082f4;file=raa/service/daemon.py I'm not
married to it though, so would be happy to spin it out and remove the conary
requirements, or just junk it.

--
Joseph Tate
Software Engineer