[Web-SIG] [Proposal] "website" and first-level conf (was: more comments on Paste Deploy)

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Mar 5 15:16:30 CET 2007

On 3/5/07, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> For production deployments, we (Zope Corporation) install files into
> the *real* Unix tree where site administrators want them.  We'll
> typically have a deployment that includes a number of applications.
> The deployment will create directories in /etc, /var/log, and /var/
> run, where the applications in the deployment put their
> configuration, log, and run-time files.  They may also put files in
> places like /etc/init.d, and /etc/cron.d.  The point being that this
> looks nothing like a traditional Zope instance installation.

How do you see that mapping to win32? There's no '/etc', '/etc/init.d'
equivalent would be the current 'zopeservice.py', and '/etc/cron.d'
equivalent would be 'scheduled tasks'. I believe '/var/log' could be
replaced by logging to the 'nt event log', there are lots of tools to
work with that. That still leaves '/etc/' and '/var/run' in the air. I
guess they could just be right into the application directory?

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214