[Web-SIG] [Proposal] "website" and first-level conf (was: morecomments on Paste Deploy)

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Sun Mar 4 07:32:13 CET 2007

Chad Whitacre wrote:
> First, we define a "website" on the filesystem as a
> Unix-y userland with, at minimum, the following:
>
>   etc/<foo>.conf
>   lib/python
>
> Second, we adopt a simple ini-style format for <foo>.conf,
> which handles low-level process config. This file would
> then point to a second, framework-specific configuration
> layer.

I really don't see why we need a standard scaffolding (folder
arrangement) just to read in a config file. Why can't the
location of the site config file be passed as an argument
to the invocation script? Keep in mind that some platforms
will not allow deployers write access to any folders in which
application code is kept...

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries