[Web-SIG] Fwd: Packaging wsgiref for Debian

Noah Slater nslater at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 01:53:20 CEST 2007

Hello,

I want to package the wsgiref package for Debian but am unsure what
text to use for the licence section of the package. The PSF recommends
the following text:

Python 1.6, beta 1, is made available subject to the terms and
conditions in CNRIs License Agreement. This Agreement may be located
on the Internet using the following unique, persistent identifier
(known as a handle): 1895.22/1011. This Agreement may also be obtained
from a proxy server on the Internet using the URL:
http://hdl.handle.net/1895.22/1011

Clearly this is inaccurate as I am packaging wsgiref and not Python
1.6, beta 1 - should I change this paragraph to read:

The software is made available subject to the terms and conditions in
CNRIs License Agreement. This Agreement may be located on the Internet
using the following unique, persistent identifier (known as a handle):
1895.22/1011. This Agreement may also be obtained from a proxy server
on the Internet using the URL: http://hdl.handle.net/1895.22/1011

I don't know if this invalidates the licence however.

Thanks for you help,

Noah

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman