[Web-SIG] a possible error in the WSGI spec

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 06:15:44 CET 2007

On 26/12/2007, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 12:28 PM 12/24/2007 +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> >By the way: isn't it better to first release a WSGI 1.1 before
> >jumping to a (incompatible) WSGI 2.0?
>
> Better for whom, and for what purpose?

As has been pointed out before, the main discrepancy known of is the
definition of readline() on wsgi.input. Don't know of anything that
implements it per the specification because if it was written per the
specification then cgi.FieldStorage wouldn't work.

The other more recent issue is how to interpret the WSGI specification
for Python 3.

Personally I don't think it is sufficient that the only mention of
these issues is in the archives of the mailing list. Even if you
personally don't want a version 1.1 specification, would you consider
an official addendum to the 1.0 specification with it being at least
posted on www.wsgi.org if the PEP itself can't be amended.

Graham