[Web-SIG] WSGI diagram

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Tue Aug 21 02:09:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 09:29 +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> On 21/08/07, Cliff Wells <cliff at develix.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 18:42 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> >
> > > Pardon me if any of this is already obvious, but from your
> > > description it sounds like one or more parties might not be aware of
> > > these points.
> >
> > One of the parties (Igor, Nginx's author) is certainly not aware of
> > these points (hence his seeking a schematic so he could get a quick
> > overview).  The author of the upcoming module is aware but didn't offer
> > much in the way of explanation when Igor queried him.
>
> If the person doing this is called Igor, then they aren't the only
> person trying to implement an mod_wsgi for Nginx HTTP.

No, Igor isn't trying to implement it.  He's the main Nginx author.  I
think he was just trying to understand what it is people are trying to
implement (and perhaps to understand if it's something he'd want to
accept as part of Nginx proper - but I doubt that will happen, for the
very reasons you outlined earlier).

> After dealing
> with this email, found a message in my spam box from someone else
> doing the same thing. This other persons name is Manlio Perillo. I
> have pointed them to this discussion on Google groups, so maybe they
> will explain what they are up to and all parties can get together. I
> have already indicated to Manlio that I may be interested in providing
> him with assistance in doing for Nginx HTTP what I have already done
> in Apache mod_wsgi.

Manlio is, in fact, the person I've been speaking of.   Your help would
be terrific.  I'd actually meant to approach you about it before, but
didn't know how interested you'd be in a Nginx port.

Cliff