[Web-SIG] WSGI -- usable for other protocols?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Oct 18 05:00:35 CEST 2006

Well, I'll definitely check out Twisted's IMAP4 code.  Thanks!

> Quotient uses a SQLite database for storage of structured data about
> messages and a filesystem structure (currently not a great structure,
> but it's fixable) for actual message files.

I was sort of planning on keeping all the message metadata in the Lucene DB.

MH uses a filesystem structure too.  Maybe there's hope.

> It supports per-user filtering rules (although not procmail based - and
> the work done in this area so far is extremely minimal, basically it can
> do substring matching on headers - expanding this would be pretty simple
> though, Quotient is designed for this kind of thing).

This doesn't sound too far from what I intended, actually.

I'd like to keep the Lucene index in memory, and don't particularly
want the overhead of process swaps, so I'd like to be able to use them
together in a single address space.  It sounds like you've worked out
most of the issues with IMAP4, so I'll take a closer look.

Bill