[Web-SIG] Errors while viewing webpage

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Nov 20 22:10:27 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 03:55:22PM -0500, rayonny at netscape.net wrote:
->   I am not a Python programmer, but I was told this is a Python problem, and I am hoping that someone with Python experience can answer this. I am trying to use the New Jersey Jobs database on the internet, and I continually reach this page (I pasted it in below). There seems to be no one to contact there for help. Is there anything that I can do from my browser (Firefox) to get by this? Thank you.
->
->  https://webos.dol.state.nj.us:444/seeker/job_search.asp
->
->  ASP Error A system error has occurred.  Click the Back button on your browser to continue.   Program details:   Traceback (most recent call last):
->
->   File "/dat0/ajb/v4000/components/server_fw/handler_asp.py", line 62, in asp
->
->   File "/dat0/ajb/v4000/components/server_fw/handler_asp.py", line 142, in asp_process
->
->   File "/dat0/ajb/v4000/components/session/session.py", line 130, in get
->
->   File "/dat0/ajb/v4000/components/dbora/dbi.py", line 184, in fetchone
->
-> DatabaseError: Invalid handle!

Their Oracle database is not talking to their Python code properly.
Nothing you can do ;(.  A strategically timed power outage might help
;).

And unfortunately this is really not the right place to post questions
like this -- you need to talk directly to the New Jersey people.

cheers,
--titus