[Web-SIG] (proto) request object spec

Luke Arno luke.arno at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:13:20 CET 2006

On 11/14/06, William Dode <wilk at flibuste.net> wrote:
> On 14-11-2006, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> > At 06:36 PM 11/13/2006 -0700, L. C. Rees wrote:

> >>Operations that produce entries such as these are frequently performed
> >>by
> >>middleware.
> >
> > This is not what middleware is for; please don't encourage people to do
> > this.  Library functions are the One Obvious way to perform operations on
> > environ keys.
>
> To prevent this what do you think about a wsgiorg "standard" library ?
>
> like parse_formvars of pythonpaste wich take environ as argument.

I tend to think this is simply a case for education
and continued exploration.

It will take time for everyone to absorb the WSGI
way. It will take time for us to evolve that way as
a community. I would hate for us to create bloat or
take wrong turns that we can't easily take back in
our exuberant desire to rush that.

There is a natural tendency to rush in to plant the
colonial flag in a new territory. Let's avoid that too.

Cheers,
- Luke