[Web-SIG] wsgi.url_vars feedback

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Wed Nov 1 19:40:11 CET 2006

Ian Bicking wrote:
> One little question: if a dispatcher can never produce
> one of the kinds of information (which happens for some
> of them), should they put in an empty list/tuple or
> empty dict, or should they put in None for that item?
> I'm currently saying they must put in a list/tuple or dict.

and I replied:
> I would've thought they'd just leave out the entry altogether.

and Ian answered:
> You can't omit something from a two-tuple; it would become
> ambiguous one-tuple of course!

Of course. I didn't read your proposal well enough, I guess.

But it still begs the question: if you expect various dispatchers can
never produce either args or kwargs, then why not go with a pair of
independent entries: wsgi.dispatch_args and wsgi.dispatch_kwargs? That
would make the omission of one or the other much more natural for both
the sender and receiver.

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries