[Web-SIG] Communicating authenticated user information

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Jan 23 21:36:33 CET 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 15:12, Clark C. Evans wrote:
> Regardless of my opinion on the matter, what *is* being
> proposed for this particular problem; and more generally
> for these sorts of situations?

I think the following is being proposed (and also my favorite solution):

Specify a new environment variable called 'wsgi.user' (or something similar)
that is a mutable and can be written several times. Only the last write
(before the output is sent) is important. By default the variable is set to
``None`` for not set.

Of course I am not good at writing specs, but something like that it should
say. Of course, one could argue that you possibly want to send other
information for logging to the server, but I would call this YAGNI.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter