[Web-SIG] WSGI in standard library

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sun Feb 19 22:33:49 CET 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 4:22 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:
>> - HTTP header parsing support, e.g. language codes, quality lists,
>> etc
>
> This would be very nice.  Clark has done some work in
> paste.httpheaders
> for these; but I don't think any of us (Clark included) are really
> satisfied with how that module is layed out.  Maybe it is because
> headers in general don't have that much in common with each other.
> I'm
> not sure.
>
> But nevertheless, it's all very mechanical, and based on existing and
> stable HTTP standards.  So I think it is an excellent candidate for
> the
> standard library.

I've done a bunch of work on this in twisted.web2, and it is pretty
much completely separable from the rest of the server (it doesn't
import any other twisted modules). I have parsers for almost all of
the standard HTTP headers. There is a standard header format that
many of the headers conform to.

http://svn.twistedmatrix.com/cvs/trunk/twisted/web2/http_headers.py?
view=auto

James