[Web-SIG] Bowing out (was Re: A trivial template API counter-proposal)

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Tue Feb 7 18:47:04 CET 2006

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:12:04 -0600, "Ian Bicking" <ianb at colorstudy.com>
said:
> Maybe the reason those voices are missing -- I now realize -- is that
> there aren't many "active page" frameworks left.  Spyce was, but since
> then I believe a more traditional controller-driven API has been added

Yes, but you can still write plain active-page stuff if you wanted to.

> -- I don't know if the "active" part has been extracted from Spyce or
> not, but at least that portion is optional (and if you are embedding
> Spyce into another framework it is likely you won't want that part).

I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind here, but the active-page-
ness of Spyce isn't really optional the way I think of it.  Views
still correspond one-to-one with .spy active pages.  The new part
is it's easy to put the controller in a separate .py file.  (Spyce
has always been able to import vanilly .py code, so separating out
the model isn't new.)

-Jonathan