[Web-SIG] wsgiref questions

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Dec 22 18:55:19 CET 2006

On 12/22/06, Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh at defuze.org> wrote:
> > We decided to add chunking encoding to our own server, it wasn't all
> > that hard.
>
> Hopefully you will release this code as part of wsgiref and let the
> community benefit from it, right?

We didn't modift wsgiref, we added it to a proprietary module; and I
don't think our code has anything to offer over what's already
available through other channels, such as the CherryPy server.

(Also, wsgiref violates a couple of Python style guides that make me
not want to update it myself. Phillip promised he would clean it up
for distribution but never did, so the version distributed with Python
2.5 has a few strange ideosyncracies that I'm afraid to clean up
because last time someone touched Phillip's code he threw a fit.)