[Web-SIG] wsgiref questions

Chad Whitacre chad at zetaweb.com
Wed Dec 20 22:28:52 CET 2006

Guido,

>>> Well, we're using wsgiref's simple_server which only speaks HTTP/1.0,
>>> but we really need to speak HTTP/1.1 and use chunked. Where do you
>>> recommend we put the chunking instead?
>
> <shameless-plug>
> If you are not to fuss about which WSGI server you can afford to use,
> you could grab the server from CherryPy 3.0 which is HTTP/1.1 fluent.

I'll give a +1 to CherryPy's wsgiserver.py module. It's
well-written, robust, and lightly coupled.

If you're at all interested in a light-weight pure-Python WSGI
server (rather than a library), you might check out Aspen:

   http://www.zetadev.com/software/aspen/

CherryPy's module is at the core of Aspen.

If you just want a module, definitely check out CherryPy's.

chad