[Web-SIG] [ANN] Aspen 0.5 -- module reloading & directory handlers

Chad Whitacre chad at zetaweb.com
Tue Dec 5 04:54:30 CET 2006

Hey all,

Another Aspen release today (Aspen is a Python web server). This
one adds:

   - automatic restart when source files change
   - handlers for directories as well as files

With the latter I've implemented directory browsing as part of
the default configuration.

My plan is to implement logging and daemonization in version 0.6.
Then I hope to upgrade a few of my current sites to Aspen 0.6,
and go from there. I've got some cool virtual hosting ideas, for
example.

Has anyone else touched this? Can I maybe ask a question? What
use case do you have that Aspen *might* support but you're not
sure? Or to put it another way, fill in the blank: "Yes, but can

I'm pretty excited about how Aspen is turning out, and I'd love
any feedback anyone's got, pro or con.

Thanks!

chad