[Web-SIG] [Fwd: Summer of Code preparation]

Peter Hunt floydophone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:56:26 CEST 2006

Hi guys,

I think an interesting project would be complete integration of the client
and server via AJAX. That is, whenever a DHTML event handler needs to be
called on the client-side, the document state is serialized and it is sent
along with the DHTML event information to the server, informing it that an
event occured. Then, using something similar to Nevow's LivePage, it could
asynchronously send back JavaScript code to update client state based on
actions on the server. Ideally, on the server-side we'd have a magic
document object which is updated with the document state every request, and
whenever a property is written or a method is called, corresponding
JavaScript is sent via our LivePage mechanism to the client.

Thoughts?

Peter Hunt