[Web-SIG] Webapplication and Javascript

Rene Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 02:56:08 CEST 2005

Hey,

I have done something similar, but with xmlrpc ( using the jsolait
library ) instead of jsonrpc.

It is a Melbourne arts, music, and creative comunity site
http://www.pretendpaper.com/

The current site is an old version of the code, and I have since done
a lot to improve it.  Refactoring, and cleaning up has been a big part
of it, as the current live site was more a proof of concept to try
different approaches.

I like the approach because it makes it easy to write scripts that
interact with the website remotely.  However there are a lot of
browser performance, and browser compatibility issues with generating
pages based on dynamic requests.  It was very time consuming, because
a lot of it was working with new things, and working around bugs.  But
very interesting none the less :)

I might think of swapping xmlrpc with jsonrpc later on.  However when
I started jsonrpc was not really working very well across
implementations/languages.

Cheers,

Rene Dudfield.
Melbourne websites, creative and technical services
http://www.madecollective.com/