[Web-SIG] JavaScript libraries

Peter Hunt floydophone at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:47:23 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,

A long time ago (before the advent of IronPython), I wrote a small Python
module that compiled a python file to a JScript.NET
<http://JScript.NET>file and compiled it. Seeing as JScript and
JavaScript are very similar, I
bet this could be very helpful. See
http://subway.python-hosting.com/attachment/wiki/Py2Js/pyc.2.py for the
code.

I envision a world where we can write something like:
<input type="button" onclick="server.onButtonClick()" />

And it will do a server-side RPC to the onButtonClick() method, which could
do something like this:
def onButtonClick(ctx):
ctx.document.writeln("Button clicked")

ctx would serve as a magical proxy for method calls back to the client. This
would allow seamless integration of JavaScript and Python without even
writing a line of JS. What do you think?