[Web-SIG] A query for hosting providers

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:32:39 CEST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:56:33 +0100, Remi Delon <remi at cherrypy.org> wrote:

> The CP-Location trick is not needed (I should remove it from this page
> as it confuses people).

Hmm, I wrote that part of the page. My specific reason for using a
custom header is that it's the only way I can see to locate a CherryPy
application *not* at the root of a virtual host.

For example, if I have a CherryPy application exposed at (say
http://myserver/myapp/) then how do I write absolute URL paths (like
"/login" within my app? As far as I can tell, there's nothing
available to my application that says "/myapp/". Yes, I can hard code
it in the application, but I'd rather keep the value in one place -
it's necessary in the Apache config, so I'd like to pass it from there
to the app.

If I've missed something that I could have used, though, I'd like to
know (and I'll update the page appropriately).

Thanks,
Paul.