[Web-SIG] A query for hosting providers

michael bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Mon Mar 28 02:54:24 CEST 2005

if you run multiple virtual hosts out of Apache, mod_python by default
creates new subinterpreters, via Py_NewInterpreter, for each virtual
host.  this can also be set up per apache directive, an arbitrary name,
or within individual directories.

although how well Py_NewInterpreter separates each interpreter from
each other, I am less certain of....though Im sure a particular
subinterpreter would have to have a pretty catastrophic failure (i.e.
segfault or similar) to affect the parent and/or siblings.

I am running multiple interpreters myself but it hasnt been heavily
stress-tested.