[Web-SIG] Google Summer Of Code

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Jun 1 05:56:38 CEST 2005

I've started a page for ideas for the Google Summer Of Code
(http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html) specifically with ideas
relating to Python and web programming.  If you have any others, please
add them on.

Also, I think the deal involves some level of individual
advisorship/mentorship -- the PSF has to approve the projects at some
level, but obviously the PSF itself can't be a mentor.  I think some
relationship is required (though maybe Google is thinking that they'd
hand off a bunch of proposals, and the sponsoring organizations would
choose the ones they want to mentor?) -- either way it can't hurt for
people to indicate an interest in mentorship.

Anyway, the page is here:
   http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonWebProgrammingIdeas
-- my ideas are all focused on WSGI applications, which is kind of
abstract and maybe a little on the boring/low-level side ;)

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org