[Web-SIG] WSGI deployment use case

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Jul 26 05:19:28 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 22:01 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
> > <VirtualHost *:80>
> >  ServerAdmin webmaster at plope.com
> >  ServerName plope.com
> >  ServerAlias plope.com
> >  ScriptAlias /viewcvs "/home/chrism/viewcvs.wsgi"
> >  ScriptAlias /blog "/home/chrism/blog.wsgi"
> >  RewriteEngine On
> >  RewriteRule ^/[^/]viewcvs*$ /home/chrism/viewcvs.wsgi [PT]
> >  RewriteRule ^/[^/]blog*$ /home/chrism/blog.wsgi [PT]
> > </VirtualHost>

> Messy configuration files (and RewriteRule for that matter) are my bane.

I agree.  In fact, I stole that snippet from my own server and modified
it.  It would probably do *something* but to be honest I'm not even sure
I remember exactly what. ;-)  But there's always the docs to fall back
on...

> To be fair, in a shared hosting situation (websites maintained by
> customers, not the host) this would seem more workable than a
> centralized configuration.  Perhaps... it's not the kind of situation I
> deal with much anymore, so I've lost touch with that case.  And would
> that mean we'd start seeing ".wsgi" in URLs?  Hrm.

No, I think I just remembered... that's what the RewriteRules are
for! ;-)

- C