[Web-SIG] Entry points and import maps (was Re: Scarecrow deployment config

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Jul 25 04:21:56 CEST 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>   Like for a package that distributes only one application.  Or these
>> just different spellings for the same thing?
>

> I don't understand you.  The most minimal way to specify a single entry
> point in setup() is with:
>
>     entry_points = """
>         [groupname.here]
>         entryname = some.thing:here
>     """

Basically, in the (I think common) case where a package only provides
one entry point, do we have to choose an arbitrary entry name.  Like, a
package that implements one web application; it seems like that
application would have to be named.  Maybe that name could match the
package name, or a fixed name we agree upon, but otherwise it adds
another name to the mix.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org