[Web-SIG] Fun with WSGI -- commenting middleware.

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Jan 31 19:49:45 CET 2005

Titus Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I sat down today to hack out a simple commenting system for HTML
> articles, and ended up using WSGI to implement a pipe-style solution.
>
> You can see the results at
>
> 	http://www.idyll.org/~t/articles.cgi/
>
> This CGI script serves HTML files from a directory hierarchy.  Anyone
> can attach a comment to any HTML file served by the script.

Spiffy.  It would be neat to plug this into a WSGI application that
served as a proxy (redisplaying pages fetched from another location).
Then you could point it at the Python documentation and get that
php.net-like commenting that people are always asking for; it would
probably be good to make the commenting more granular, but it's
interesting to be able to develop the different parts so separately.

Actually, I was just going to convert this silly little web-based image
viewer I have to WSGI, and with this I could get a free commenting
system.  Hmm...