[Web-SIG] Application framework shootout?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jan 3 08:33:58 CET 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:04:37PM -0500, Brian Beck wrote:
-> Hi.
->
-> I've recently started a project which is intended to become a pretty big
-> web application.  So far I've been winging it with my own simple system
-> using mod_python, Vampire and SQLObject, but I would hardly call it a
-> framework.
->
-> Could someone summarize (or direct me to a summary) of the
-> advantages/disadvantages (in comparison to each other) of frameworks
-> like PEAK, WebWare, nevow, and anything else applicable?  I've read a
-> little about each but still can't put my finger on it. Is each geared
-> toward a specific type of application?
->
-> Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, Brian,

you can look at Ian Bicking's framework shootout here:

	http://colorstudy.com/docs/shootout.html

I also like the PyWebOff, although it is not yet complete:

	http://pyre.third-bit.com/pyweb/index.html

If you find any additional sites I'd be interested in hearing about
them...

cheers,
--titus