[Web-SIG] WSGI and Content-Type

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Dec 29 17:51:52 CET 2005

Clark C. Evans wrote:
> I'm puzzled why CONTENT_TYPE/CONTENT_LENGTH is listed as an ``environ``
> CGI variable when it seems the corresponding corresponding
> HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE/HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH would work.  Is there a reason for
> this redundancy?  Which one should I use?  If they differ, which one is
> correct?

Incidentally, I've added a check for QUERY_STRING (missing QUERY_STRING
causes buggy cgi module behavior, per my previous email) and
HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE/LENGTH to paste.lint (it's an error now, but maybe it
should be a warning).  I'd encourage people to use it to check server
and application behavior (it just watches things go by, it doesn't
effect the request).