[Web-SIG] transaction progress with cgi.FieldStorage

kai kai.keliikuli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:24:59 CET 2005

Hi All,
this is my first post on this list. I am working on a way to monitor the
progress of reading a file upload from wsgi.input.  I can currently
monitor the overall transfer and when individual files of a multiple
file upload are completed. The ultimate goal of this is to be able to
display a progress meter when someone is uploading a file.

To do this I subclassed cgi.FieldStorage but when I finished I had
modified most of the non-trivial methods just to hook in something to
monitor the transfer progress, oops.

Has anyone else found FieldStorage insufficient for certain tasks?
Is there a general need for a more flexible FieldStorage replacement?

kai keliikuli