[Web-SIG] Sessions and Headers

Timothy Soehnlin tsoehnli at gmu.edu
Thu Dec 1 18:08:53 CET 2005

Hello All,

	Okay, lets get down to business.  I am wondering if anyone knows of a
framework independent Session library.  I am looking to bring a Session
library into my framework, but everything I have found so far seems to be
unnecessarily integrated with the frameworks.  And before I get all gung ho
and go and right my own Session libraries, I was wondering if anyone knows of
a library that I could use, and save myself some time.

	On another note, I am also wanting to integerate multiple server
environments, and specifically with this question, mod_python.  Now I have my
framework working with mod_python but I have recently created a standard
request object that all the different server environments plug into by
initializing the object with an environment dictionary, a file to read the
user data from(for posts and whatnot), and then a write function that gives
direct control to returning the request output to the user.  In mod_python
the headers are automagically submitted when the function write is invoked
the first time.  I need this to not be.  I need to have total control over
the headers, as my standard Request Object handles header manipulation and
submission.

					Sincerely,
						Timothy Soehnlin
--