[Web-SIG] and now for something completely different!

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Aug 18 18:44:09 CEST 2005

At 12:03 AM 8/18/2005 -0400, Peter Hunt wrote:
>Phillip -
>
>I agree with you on all counts, except for the issue of how to determine
>when a session ends (timeouts, etc), and how to clean up the associated
>objects (Carts etc) with them.

I'm not sure I ever said how I clean up the associated objects, but my
preference is to have an automated process remove them when they haven't
been touched for N amount of time, and set the cookie expiration so it
expires before that N is elapsed.  Or actually, I set the cookie to expire
after N, and do the cleanup at time N+M.