[Web-SIG] and now for something completely different!

mso@oz.net mso at oz.net
Mon Aug 15 22:40:11 CEST 2005

Robert Brewer wrote:
> Quixote's session2 stores have flags for
> multithreading/multiprocess but seem to not actually do anything with
> those flags.

Correct, the flags are just indications to the caller.  The caller might
raise an exception if a thread-unsafe store is paired with a multithreaded
server.    There's no database locking code, although Postgres uses a
transaction for the immediate operation.

> Apparently, given the current Python
> session modules out there, it's common to survive without caring?

I haven't seen locking in any of the modules I've used, nor any particular
errors caused by this.  Is it defined what behavior the server should have
if the user has the same site opened in two tabs and clicks back and
forth?

--
-- Mike Orr <mso at oz.net>