[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

mike bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Fri Apr 29 17:51:04 CEST 2005

ok, well its not fair to say im putting words in your mouth.  I am
obviously re-stating them, in the way they are striking me as what result
they would ultimately indicate, which is the part that is my opinion:

your words:

"with a mandate to put together something that has all the features that are
getting Rails so much attention. "

my words:

"oversee the development of a ripoff of some other language's web platform"

(are all those features getting Rails so much attention really that worthy
in the long term?)

your words:

"Whatever s/he comes up with in that year will then be shipped as part of
the 2.X release of Python in 2006."

my words:

"establish it as the "one true way to develop web applications in Python""

(as there is no web framework shipped with Python right now, it would be
pretty dramatic if a certain approach all the sudden was)