[Web-SIG] WSGI adapter for Quixote 2.0.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Apr 28 10:22:22 CEST 2005

Hi all,

pursuant to my Quixote2 tutorial and a private request, I've updated
my WSGI wrapper for Quixote to work for Quixote 2.0.  It's been greatly
simplified in the process.

It's called QWIP2, and there's a not-very-updated Web page here:

	http://www.idyll.org/~t/www-tools/wsgi/

The source is directly available here:

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/qwsgi/quixote2/qwip2.py

and it's running the Quixote 2 demo inside of CGI here:

	http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/test-cgi/qx2-demo.cgi/

QWIP2 is even simpler to use than QWIP:

---
import qwip2
app_obj = qwip2.QWIP2(create_publisher_fn)
---

so e.g. for the demo I just do

---
import qwip2
import quixote.demo.mini_demo
app_obj = qwip2.QWIP2(quixote.demo.create_publisher)

run_with_cgi(app_obj)
---

It seems to work without any problems, but I don't have any automated
tests for Quixote 2.0 yet, so I can't be sure.  Still, Quixote is pretty
regular in its output so I doubt there are any naster corner cases.

cheers,
--titus