[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Apr 27 21:16:33 CEST 2005

Titus Brown wrote:
> Anyway, doomsday thoughts aside: we don't need new frameworks, or even
> new amalgamations of existing projects.  I think we need to make the
> existing frameworks easier to use.  Python Paste and WSGI in general
> will help with this by standardizing deployment, but we need more and
> better documentation aimed at beginning users.

One of the things I've been experimenting with in Paste is fully
doctested tutorials.  I'm optimistic about it -- certainly the structure
needs to be better filled out, but I think it is useful.  WSGI and some
of the other Paste utilities help quite a bit.  I always feel like when
I write docs and tutorials I'm planting a bulb that will grow into a
beautiful flower, but usually the garden gets paved over before spring.
  Heh, that's a stupid metaphor.  But anyway, if documentation can be
cumulative instead of temporary it makes a huge difference, and testable
documentation is necessary for that.