[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

David Warnock david at sundayta.com
Sat Apr 16 01:41:57 CEST 2005

Greg,
>  > Paul Boddie wrote:
>
>> ...I firmly believe in "unbundling" templating languages from frameworks.
>

> But doesn't that just make more work for the poor sods who are trying to
> build things?  After all, they have to rebundle them, don't they?

Loose coupling between all the components of an application really helps
in the long run. You gain hugely in flexibility and in longevity if you
can swap in different components when required.

Going for an all inclusive web framework can seem seductive, but for a
large application it is dangerous. What happens when you meet the limits
or when the support dies down.

The ability to connect together best of breed is a much better long term
solution.

Dave