[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:02:51 CEST 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 3:52 PM, Blake Winton wrote:
>> I'd personally love to see a common set of request/response/session
>> objects (a la Paul's webstack) be adopted.
>
> Isn't that what WSGI offers?

Perhaps I need to look closer but my assumption after a pass through
the PIP a while ago was that it was more of standard way of getting the
information to and from the framework ("middleware") and likely not
meant to reach the presentation and controllerish code.

I'd love to find out that I'm wrong, although I guess I would find the
WSGI idioms around accessing request headers/form-encoded data and
collecting response information a bit cumbersome compared to the APIs
provided by Webstack, Quixote, Webware, CherryPy, etc.

Ryan