[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Apr 14 02:53:47 CEST 2005

> Buggy? I don't think ZCML is buggy. Where's that coming from?

Sorry, didn't mean to knock ZCML specifically.  I meant to say that
use of XML is inherently buggy when people have to edit it with a text
editor, because of the bad syntax.  I have the same gripe with the XUL
used by Firefox.  Nothing specific to the design of ZCML (which I
haven't even seen).

> And lose
> interoperability, accessibility by a host of programmers that *don't*
> know your codebase, and code yourself onto an island.

Sorry, Martijn, none of these arguments have much weight with me.  I'm
interested in improving the ability to do things *with Python*.  And
that doesn't (for me) mean switching to something else, no matter how
many other people understand that "something else".

Bill