[Web-SIG] Just lost another one to Rails

Greg Wilson gvwilson at cs.utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 8 14:06:09 CEST 2005

A colleague down in the States, whom I converted to Python two years
ago, sent me mail last night saying, "Well, we've decided to go with
Rails.  Means learning a new language, but their stuff just plain worked
out of the box."  He's a bright guy --- used to run an ISP in the
mid-90s, and those of you who were involved in Apache between '96 and
'01 would probably recognize his name.

So my question is, has there been any movement in the wake of Michelle
Levesque's web-off, and all the press Rails has been getting, to do
something about this?

Thanks,
Greg