[Web-SIG] A query for hosting providers

Remi Delon remi at cherrypy.org
Sun Apr 3 12:31:56 CEST 2005

>>The CP-Location trick is not needed (I should remove it from this page
>>as it confuses people).
>
> Hmm, I wrote that part of the page. My specific reason for using a
> custom header is that it's the only way I can see to locate a CherryPy
> application *not* at the root of a virtual host.

Maybe we should continue this discussion on the CherryPy list ...
All I was saying is that I didn't want to give people the impression
that this custom header was always needed ... It's only needed if you
want to locate your app not at the root ... And even then, there are
also other alternatives that don't require a custom header. For
instance, you can put the path of your application in a config file and
use BaseUrlFilter to tell CherryPy where to locate the app.
Then you should just relative URLs, or use cpg.request.base for absolute
URLs (including redirects).

Remi.