[Web-SIG] WSGI tests

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Sep 29 17:07:10 CEST 2004

At 02:19 AM 9/29/04 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:

>The only one I was mistakenly requiring seems to be QUERY_STRING; from my
>reading, all these are required:
>
>'REQUEST_METHOD', 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PATH_INFO', 'SERVER_NAME', 'SERVER_PORT'
>
>Well, maybe SCRIPT_NAME isn't required.

Or PATH_INFO - if the request is addressed directly to the application, and
there's no trailing '/', it can be empty, and is therefore allowed to be
missing, as in CGI.

>I suppose I could trigger these conditions in echo, and then test that
>they are handled properly in lint.  I'll have to think about what exactly
>"properly" is first.
>
>>See also:
>>     http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0333.html#the-start-response-callable
>>from paragraph 7 on.
>
>I read that, and didn't feel entirely clear on the intention.  An example
>in that section would probably be helpful.

I'll see what I can do.

By the way, I found another issue with lint: IteratorWrapper doesn't close
the original iterable if it had a close() method.