[Web-SIG] Modjy status.

Alan Kennedy py-web-sig at xhaus.com
Sun Sep 12 18:48:53 CEST 2004

Dear Sig,

Just a quick message to let y'all know that modjy is 95% ready, but not
the 98% or 99% percent I would like. Thus far

1. The code is pretty stable. I've had it under version control for
several days now, and the changes are fewer and fewer.

2. I have pretty much finished the documentation, (including all those
nitty gritty little details!)

3. I've tried to make it as friendly to non-J2EE people as possible.

But there are still not enough tests.

All that's being tested at the moment is cases where the application
causes an exception. There are plenty of cases that need to be checked,
including many positive ones, e.g. returning a variety of different
iterable types to the server. Only when  a reasonably comprehensive test
suite is passing will I feel totally comfortable with people trying it out.

So I'll be finalizing those tests over the next day or two, (after I've
had a little rest: been working non-stop on this), and then I'll be
happy for people to download modjy and try it out, safe in the knowledge
that it's less likely to fall at the first fence, and thus put people
off modjy for good.

Per ardua ad astra,

Alan.