[Web-SIG] Modjy status.

Alan Kennedy py-web-sig at xhaus.com
Wed Sep 8 13:56:54 CEST 2004

Dear Sig,

I just wanted to quickly let ye know the current status of modjy: my
j2ee implementation of a WSGI server.

Since I reduced the amount of java used to a minimum, and rewrote most
of the code in jython, things have gone much quicker. Basically, about

95% of the code
75% of the documentation
50% of the testing

is now complete.

On the code front, I have to add one or two more extra features, but
modjy already does pretty much all that it needs to.

On the testing side, I'm currently only focussed on testing the WSGI
compliance: I've not put much effort into testing the "server" as a
whole, because it is likely to change shape significantly over time.
However, I will endeavour to test modjy as much as possible.

Lastly: documentation. I had originally said in this forum that I would
publish modjy last weekend, no matter what state it was in. But I
couldn't bring myself to publish it without some decent documentation to
support it: users would find it hard to work with, and just be confused
and disappointed. I've written most of configuration, installation, etc,
documentation. I still have to work on documenting the WSGI compliance,
and a few other bits and pieces.

For the next few days, other work has to take higher priority than
modjy. But I will get back to it at the weekend. Presuming that I can
get all of the above finished on Sunday, I'll hopefully be releasing it
on Sunday evening.

Just wanted to keep y'all informed.

Kind regards,

Alan.