[Web-SIG] Standardised configuration and temporary directories.

Paul Boddie paul.boddie at ementor.no
Mon Sep 6 16:12:00 CEST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> This is starting to get into the area of portable deployment standards
for
> WSGI developers, which is mostly out of scope for the current PEP.
I'd
> like to see us get some field experience in various ways to do it
before
> we choose the "one obvious" way to do it.
>
> That being said, don't let me stop y'all from discussing various ways
> do it, because if nobody does that we'll never get to the "one way"
part.
> :)  I just don't expect the discussion to yield anything that would
> convince me to "bless" a single option before PEP 333 is finalized.

Well, this is the Web-SIG mailing list (as opposed to the WSGI mailing
list), so there will hopefully be a bit more discussion, some
experimentation and eventually some results to point to by the time any
other PEPs get written. It has been a while since there was this much
focus
on Python Web standardisation on any mailing list.

Paul