[Web-SIG] [WSGI] mod_python wrapper: minimal first attempt

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Oct 15 07:47:22 CEST 2004

At 02:49 PM 10/14/04 -0700, Robert Brewer wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> > The "correct" way to do it would be to swipe whatever code mod_python
> > itself uses for that, although I wouldn't be surprised if it
> > uses exec also.  :)
> >
> > More likely, it uses '__import__', but for the prototype
> > version, why bother?
>
>Because it's easy:

Not if you haven't installed or even downloaded mod_python.  ;)

>I realized you don't need a separate handler function called
>wsgi_handler; mod_python is smart enough to notice when your handler is
>an unbound class method, and automatically forms an instance of your
>class (passing the request object), and then calling the bound method
>(again, passing the request). So I folded the handler code directly into
>ModPyHandler. Here's the latest version:

I think I'll stick with the version where they're separate.  It's easier to
implement unit tests on the handler class if its __init__ method doesn't
run the application.  Still, this looks like  it's in pretty good shape to
pop into wsgiref.  Thanks for your help in fleshing it out.